- Planning & Development
- Online Services
The Planning and Development Department is striving to provide as many of its services online as possible to benefit our customers by providing valuable time and cost savings, as well as improving our environment through reductions in paper use and travel requirements. Please see the Electronic Document Review page for more information on electronic permitting and view the EDR guides, tutorials and applications.
Online Permit Manager
Please see the Online Permit Manager Update (PDF) Opens a New Window. document for step by step instructions. When you are ready to submit, please Apply Online Opens a New Window. .
If you have already applied for construction related activity through the Planning and Development Department and have an Issued or Reissued permit, you may schedule either a Drainage or Building inspection for your project. Learn more about the Drainage and Building safety inspection process (PDF).
How to Request an Inspection
- Schedule the inspection online Opens a New Window. .
- Schedule via the automated telephone system: 602-506-3692.
- Schedule via the Call Center: 602-506-3301.
Compliance Inspections / Special Inspection Certification
Learn more information for when and how to apply for a Compliance Inspection or Special Inspection Certification.
For the convenience of our customers, we have developed a portal through which plan review comments for any Building permit may be accessed. To help facilitate communication between all parties involved with a project, these comments can be accessed by all who have the Building Permit Tracking number. This tool retains all comments sent for each project as well as providing an opportunity to review any current comment documents in DRAFT form.
To view plan review comments for your permit/project, enter the Permit Tracking Number (“B” Number) and select Search Opens a New Window. to review available approved and draft comments.
Plan Review Comments that are in DRAFT form are SUBJECT TO CHANGE prior to release. DRAFT Review Comments are not accepted for resubmittal purposes.
This page has been developed to provide easy access to the information associated with the building and construction within Maricopa County jurisdiction. The County has made every reasonable effort to obtain and maintain this data as accurately as possible, however, human or mechanical error remain a possibility.
View all archived weekly permit activity reports.
Data Without Warranty
Maricopa County, the Planning and Development Department, and other County departments assume no responsibility arising from the use of this information. The data provided is offered without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Viewer/User agrees to indemnify Maricopa County, Planning and Development Department, and other County departments and their officers and employees from any liability which may arise from any such data or information in its actual or altered form.
Download and reproduction of the information for public record purposes is permissible. However, any presentation of information obtained through this records request that distorts and/or misrepresents the information, or presents the information as an official record of the county, either in content, tone, graphic presentation or layout is strictly prohibited. All downloaded information should be marked and used as an "Unofficial Copy."
Inquiries to Maricopa Staff
All inquiries should be directed to the Department of Planning and Development, 602-506-3301.
There are several types of Minor Permits each with a different level of review.
Web issued permits are fully automated, online permits.
- A/C, Evaporative Cooler, HVAC
- Equipment, Water, Sewer, or Gas Line Repair
- Gas Clearance - No Work Performed
- Irrigation/Lawn Sprinkler System
- Mechanical Repair/Replace Like for Like
- Plumbing Repair - Like for Like
- Solar Water Heater with Ground Mounted Tank
- Water Heater - Permits are no longer required to replace an existing water heater provided the work is done in accordance with manufacturer's specifications. However, if you wish to have Maricopa County inspect the work you may apply for a permit.
Staff processes these permits in 1 to 2 business days and all correspondence is conducted via email.
- Electrical Clearance Only - 200 Amps or Less
- Electrical Repair/Replace Like for Like
- Electrical Upgrade - 0 to 200 Amps
- Mechanical - New/Upgrade Ground Mounted Unit, A/C, Evaporative Cooler, HVAC
- Panel of 200 Amps or Less, Outlets, Fixtures
- Plumbing - New Gas Line: BBQ, Fireplace, Pit, Wok, Kiva, Pool/Spa Heater
- Propane - Less than 250 gallon Propane Tank
Technical / Standard Review
A site plan is required and these permits are subject to standard review times.
- Electrical Service to a Shared Well
- Electrical Upgrade / Service Over 200 Amps
- Fountain / Water Feature
- Photovoltaic System - Roof Mounted
- Propane Tanks equal to or larger than 250 gallons
- Roof-Mounted A/C, Evaporative Cooler, HVAC
When you are ready to submit, visit the Online Permit Manager.