Maricopa County has a wide range of permits. Please keep in mind, processes may vary depending on the type of permit you are applying for. If you are applying for a permit for the first time, you are encouraged to contact us at 602-506-3301 or Online.


Permits A-F


Accessory Permit: Commercial

Accessory Permit: Residential

Addition Permit: Commercial

Addition Permit: Residential

Alteration ‘Tenant Improvement’: Commercial

Alteration Permit: Residential

Agricultural Exemption

Air Quality Permit Cancellation
Closeout form for General, Non-Title V & Title V

Air Quality Permit Transfer Ownership

All Air Quality General Permits: Renewal

Asphalt Kettle General Permit


Billboard Permit (Commercial)

Bio-hazardous Medical Waste Transportation 
Vehicles Permit

Block Permit

Burn Permit


Campground Permit

Caterer’s Permit

Cell Tower Permit: Alteration

Cell Tower Permit: New

Chemical Toilets Permit

Commercial Construction (New) Permit

Compliance Inspection Permit (Residential)

Comprehensive Plan Amendment,
General Permit

Comprehensive Plan Amendment,
Major Permit

Construction Debris Landfills Permit

Crematory General Permit


Development Master Plan Permit

Development Master Plan Permit: Minor Amendment

Development Master Plan Permit: Major Amendment

Dog Friendly Patio Permit

Drinking Water: New Source Approval Permit

Drinking Water: New Community Public Water 
System Permit

Drinking Water: New Operating Permit for 
Existing Public Water System Permit

Drinking Water: New Non-Transient Non-Community Public Water System Permit

Drinking Water: New Transient 
Non-Community Public Water System Permit

Drinking Water: Public Water System Operational or Compliance Plan Review Application

Dry Cleaning General Permit

Dust Control Permit

Dust Control Permit Application Package

Dust Permit: Acreage Increase Request

Dust Permit: Cancellation Request

Dust Permit: Parcel Change Notification


Electrical Permit Up to 400 Service and Shared Well (Residential) 


Fence Permit (Residential)

Final Plat Permit

Flood Control Right-of-Way Use Permit

Floodplain Use Permit

Floodplain Use Permit for Sand & Gravel

Food Establishment: 30 Day Transition Application

Food Establishment: Fixed/Permanent Permit

Fuel Burning General Permit

Permits G-R


Gasoline Dispensing General Permit

Government Action Permit

Grading Permit (Residential)

Grading: Infrastructure/Subdivision
(max $42,000) Permit (Commercial)

Grading: Miscellaneous/Paving Permit (Commercial)

Grading: Stockpile/Grading Only Permit (Commercial)

Graphic Arts General Permit

Group Home Permit


Legal Non-Conforming Use Permit


Manufactured Building Permit: Commercial

Manufactured Home (New) Permit: Residential

Mechanical (Minor Residential) Permit

Micro Markets Permit

Military Compatibility Permit

Mining Exemption Permit

Mobile Food Permit

Mobile Home Park: New Construction/Addition of Spaces Permit

Mobile Home Park: Expired Permit Application

Mobile Home Park: New Owner/New Permit

Monument Sign Permit (Commercial)


New Standard Plan Permit (Residential)

Non-Hazardous Liquid Waste (NHLW) Transportation Vehicles

Non-Hazardous Solid Waste (NHSW) Transportation Vehicles (Refuse Haulers)

Non-Title V Permit

Non-Title V Permit: Renewal

Non-Title V Permit: Non-Minor Modification

Non-Title V Permit: Minor Modifications


Plan of Development Permit

Plan of Development Permit: As-Built

Plan of Development: Major
Amendment Permit

Plan of Development: Minor
Amendment Permit

Plan of Development: Modification of
Conditions Permit

Plumbing (Minor Residential) Permit

Pool and Spa (Residential) Permit

Pool (Public/Semi-Public): Application/Documentation Online Submittal Form

Pool (Public/Semi-Public): Approval To 
Construct Permit

Pool (Public/Semi-Public): New Owner/New Permit

Pool (Public/Semi-Public): Remodel Permit

Pool (Public/Semi-Public): Variance

Portable Restroom Units Permit

Portable Waste Holding Tanks Permit

Portable Water Transportation (Hauling) Permit

Pre-Application Meeting

Preliminary Plat Permit

Public Accommodations Permit


Right-of-Way Permit

Permits S-Z


School Grounds Permit

Septic (Onsite): Alteration Permit

Septic (Onsite): Application/Documentation Online Submittal Form

Septic (Onsite): Closure/Abandonment Certification

Septic (Onsite): Closure/Abandonment Permit

Septic (Onsite): Minor Plan Review Permit

Septic (Onsite): Notice of Transfer of Ownership

Septic (Onsite): Phase I (Site & Soils Evaluation) Permit

Septic (Onsite): Phase II (Alternative System Design) Permit

Septic (Onsite): Phase II (Conventional Design System) Permit

Septic (Onsite): Planning and Development Plan Review Application

Septic (Onsite): Research Request Form

Septic (Onsite): Self-Service Search Tool

Single Family Home Permit (Residential)

Solar Photovoltaic System Permit: Ground Mounted

Solar Photovoltaic System Permit: Roof Mounted

Solid Waste (Chemical Toilets, Waste Haulers) Permit

Special Events Coordinator Event Registration Form

Special Use Permit

Special Use Permit Major Amendment Permit

Special Use Permit Minor Amendment Permit

Special Use Permit Modifications of Conditions

Stationary Dust-Generating Source
General Permit (PDF)

Stationary Emergency Internal Combustion
Engine General Permit (PDF)

Status Report

Stormwater: Post-Construction Design Standard Waiver

Stormwater: Post-Construction Permit

Stormwater: Pre-Construction Permit

Subdivision & Infrastructure: A312G Alternative Features Permit

Subdivision & Infrastructure: Application/Documentation Online Submittal Form

Subdivision & Infrastructure: Approval of Construction Permit

Subdivision & Infrastructure: Approval of Sanitary Facilities Permit

Subdivision & Infrastructure: Approval to Construct Permit

Subdivision & Infrastructure: Change Certificate

Surface Coating and/or Abrasive Blasting
Operations General Permit (PDF)


Tanker Certification (Vapor Recovery)

Temporary Use Permit

Temporary/Seasonal Food Establishment Permit

Text Amendment Permit

Title V Permit

Title V Permit Modifications

Transfer Ownership: Air Quality Permit

Transportation (MCDOT) Right-of-Way Permit


Use Compatibility and Consistency
Determination Permit


Vapor Recovery Certification

Variance Permit

Variance/HACCP Plan (Food Establishments)

Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Refinishing General Permit

Vehicles Permit: Oversize/Overweight (MCDOT)

Vending Machines Permit


Wall Sign Permit (Commercial)

Wastewater Treatment Plant General Permit

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval to Construct Permit

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval of Decommissioning

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval of Proposed Plan

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval to Construct

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval to Decommission

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Approval to Transfer Ownership

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Certificate of Completion

Water/Wastewater Treatment/Reuse: Spill Notification Report

Woodworking Operations General Permit


Zone Change Permit

Zone Change with Overlay Permit

Zone Change Major Amendment Permit

Zone Change Minor Amendment Permit

Zone Change Modifications of
Conditions Permit



Contacts us at 602-506-3301 or Online for more information.