Parents of a child are eligible to receive a certified copy of a birth certificate if all of the following criteria are met:
- The parent is named on the birth certificate.
- If the parent is not listed on the birth certificate, either:
- A certified copy of a court order of adoption or certificate of adoption for the registrant that names the applicant as the registrant's parent.
- A certified copy of a court order that names the applicant as the registrant's parent.
- The parent submits a signed application.
- The parent provides valid government issued identification or notarized signature on the application.
- The parent submits the appropriate fee(s).