The spouse of a registrant is eligible to receive a certified copy of his/her spouse's birth certificate if all of the following criteria are met:
- The spouse provides a notarized letter of permission signed by the registrant. If the letter is not notarized, a copy of the registrant's valid government issued identification must be presented along with the letter.
- The spouse/applicant provides a copy of the marriage certificate for the registrant and spouse.
- The spouse submits a signed application.
- The spouse submits valid government issued identification or notarized signature on the application.
- The spouse submits the appropriate fee(s).