The grandparent of a registrant is eligible to receive a certified copy of his/her grandchild's birth certificate if all of the following criteria are met:
- The grandparent must provide;
- The birth certificate of their child, the parent who is named on the registrant's birth certificate or
- If the grandparent's child (mother or father named on the registrant's certificate) was born in Arizona, provide the name and date of birth of that child for verification in the Bureau of Vital Records’ Electronic Birth Registry System.
- The grandparent submits a signed application.
- The grandparent submits valid government issued identification or notarized signature on the application.
- The grandparent submits the appropriate fee(s).